Although surrounded by a lot of hype, social media marketing is becoming a useful marketing tool for business of all sizes. Depending on which social networking sites are appropriate to your company type and target market, a company profile can be created on various social and business networking sites in order to have the brand represented on platforms most used by potential clients and industry role players.
- A blog site, branded with your corporate colours and logo, can be created for your company. The blog can be used to publish material that is relevant to your industry, of interest to your company’s clients and prospects, and positively contributes to your company’s image, such as special offers, news and press releases, and articles on industry trends and best practice. Numerous references to your company’s services and links to your website would ensure that web traffic is driven towards the main site. The publication of such material on a regular basis on an interactive platform will enhance the reputation of your company as a leader in the industry. It can also become a forum for people to comment on articles and for your company to interact with the online community of potential clients and industry role players.
- LinkedIn presence
- A company profile or topical discussion group be created on LinkedIn, the pre-eminent business networking website. This profile can then be maintained with up to date news and company information, supplemented with participation by executives who are on LinkedIn.
- Twitter account
- A Twitter account can be created and customised for your company so that it is branded with your corporate colours and logo. News, announcements and blog postings can be further publicised via the Twitter account.
- A YouTube channel can be created and customised for your company so that it is branded with your corporate colours and logo. Video content created by, or relevant to your services and target market can be collected for display on this page to enhance your brand and online image.
- Facebook page
- A Facebook page can be created for your company, branded with your logo. News and updates would be posted to this page and people on Facebook can interact with the brand in this environment by connecting with your company, and receiving updates on news and activities.
Ongoing online reputation management is recommended, where interactions about your company on social networking sites are monitored and joined or responded to where required.